Stay safe in your home
Free Home safety visits
Did you know that Devon & Somerset Fire Rescue offer a free home fire safety visit. They offer these visits to ensure you are doing everything possible to help you stay safe in your home. If you think you, a relative or even a neighbour could benefit from this great service call 0800 05 02 999 to speak to one of their community safety team members based at Exeter to find out whether you are eligible for a visit.
What happens during a Free home fire safety visit?
The visit usually takes around 45 minutes, and the technician will:
- Check smoke alarms – They will check your alarms for you and if necessary, may even supply you with a FREE smoke alarm.
- Advise you on what to do in the event of a fire.
- Provide the contact details of other partner agencies who may be able to give further help or assistance if needed.
- You may also be able to offer more free fire safety equipment such as sensory loss alarms that come with a strobe light and vibrating pad, fire retardant bedding, fire retardant throws or blankets, carbon monoxide alarms, alarm testers, special timers and winter warm packs.
Who is eligible for a Free home safety check?Do you want to stay safe?
- Anyone aged over 65
- Any household with children under the age of 18
- Anyone with a disability, mobility issues or sensory loss
- Anyone who smokes
- Anyone who lives alone
- Anyone with a thatched property
- Other vulnerable people – please get in touch
Call Devon & Somerset Fire Rescue on 0800 05 02 999 to find out whether you are eligible for a visit.
ProSweep Professional Chimney Sweep is approved by Devon Trading Standards Buy With Confidence offering a professional and personal chimney sweep & stove flue service in Newton Abbot, Torquay, Paignton, Dawlish, Teignmouth, Bovey Tracey, Chagford and surrounding towns and villages. Book ProSweep on 01626 832051 or 01803 464649